Thursday, January 12, 2017

Advance Commercial Photography - Thursday late start 1/12

Today should be the last day without Ms. D. in class. I hope you have your plan of attack for the outside shoot you have been assigned to model David Hockney. I will make sure that you have an opportunity to print the images on plain paper at worst and hopefully we can get them printed on photo paper. If you were inspired by this work and you want to get your images printed on your own, please feel free to do so. I hope to see at least a couple of these collage pieces in the print show.

Today I want you to spend some time thinking about your photography for the next year. I encourage you to push your photography to new levels. Find something and try it. Most of the fun tutorials available on websites like petapixel aren't that expensive and just take some trying on your part.

First check out this site and see what this author has to say about new years resolutions:

http://petapixel.com/2017/01/03/7-new-years-resolutions-every-photographer-make-2017/

Then check out this one on what elements make up a great photo:

http://petapixel.com/2017/01/03/photographers-diet-4-key-elements-make-great-photo/

Now go to this one and pick at least three of these top-10 posts to read and digest internally:



On your blog please write a 3-4 paragraph reflective piece on your hopes as a photography in the coming year (or at least semester). You might reflect upon types of images you want to take, business goals you may have, internships you might be interested in, projects you want to work on/complete, etc. Really think about how photography plays a role in your life and how you can continue to grow as a photographer. the print show will be here before you know it. How many images have you taken so far that are worthy of being printed? How will you find more images to potentially enter?

Finally, I wanted to share the link on how to put an image onto wood (I mentioned this to you guys the other day).

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-transfer-prints-to-wood-an-awesome-photography-diy-project/

It is my intention to help this project happen. I can help find wood and I will acquire the liquid elements needed. Your job will be to find an image that works for this project. I think the printing will take one class, and I can do that in my room because we need a laser printer. I think the rest will take a couple of classes to allow for drying time. Expect to create an image either 8x10, 8.5x11 or 11x17.

No comments:

Post a Comment